Friday, April 3, 2009

Worst-Cousin-Ever Award

And the award goes to...drum roll please...me!!! Ugh. So my little cousin (well, she's not really that little anymore, she's 24) and I have always been close. I mean, we don't hang out much, but we are close. Recently she got admitted into the hospital with the flu, and because she's diabetic, things were a lot worse for her. She ended up having to stay for 5 days. She got merca (is that right?) and it was just bad. Well, I stayed away. I didn't go see her because I was afraid of Julia catching the flu. If it had just been me, I would have been there, but I didn't want Julia to catch that. So I didn't go. Well, I learned tonight that she was very hurt that no one in my family came to see her until yesterday (the day she was discharged). I can't blame her, I would have been hurt too. She said that she didn't blame me for not coming, but I could just tell that she really didn't mean it. She even threw in there that her dad's family were there the day she got admited. And that is bad...cause they are worthless. I simply feel horrible. And I know her mom has got to be mad about it too, because she is very protective of her, and will get upset if anyone hurts her. And I worry so much about not having anybody mad at me. I can't stand the thought of them being upset with me. Ugh!

1 comment:

~*~Bre~*~ said...

I'm the same way... I hate it when people are mad at me! The thought just tears me apart basically. I'm hoping for your sake that they understand where you are coming from. It definitely would not be a good situation for Julia to get sick, and I would not want to run that risk, either. Personally, I think you made a wise decision because you are the mommy of a toddler; and toddlers catch EVERYTHING. Saying prayers that your family won't hate you for too long (JUST KIDDING ;) )But I really am saying prayers.