Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Pictures

Ahhh yes, December. The time of year when all cute little two year old girls put on their frilly cute Christmas dresses and head out to get their Christmas pictures taken. They laugh, they giggle, they dance around, and they get giddy just at the thought of seeing Santa and having their picture made with him. And then there's Julia:

I'm thinking at this point that she might quite possibly start cussing the photographer out at any moment.

This lovely picture shows off the adorableness (is that a word?) of her expensive dress. Please just overlook her overwhelming joy.


"Surely things get better when she sees Santa" you're all thinking. Here's the BEST one:

I'm seriously thinking that I may never get another good picture of Julia. Seems like after she turned 1 she decided that was it for her. No more smiling. No more cute little cheesy grins. UGH.

10 comments:

~*~Bre~*~ said...

The sheer excitement on her face is overwhelming!! :o) When you WANT them to do something is when they REFUSE to do it! I've been wanting Morgan to call me "mommy" for the longest time, and all I got was "mom". As soon as I tell people she's NEVER called me "mommy", what does she do? Now, that's ALL she calls me! GRRRRRR!!!! Julia's dress is adorable. Maybe she'll cooperate at home?!?! Good luck :)

B

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Oh TOO funny!!!! I know just what you are going thru.... I have faith in Avery. I just calmly asked him tonight to go stand in front of the door, take his paci out and say cheese....of course he did have to take his vacuum cleaner with him! Oh well...
This dress is too cute!!!!

Stephanie said...

I love the pictures. This coming from the mean little redhead that used to lay on the floor of the Westgate mall until my daddy would "drag" me to the car as embarrassed as he could be. I think one day you and Julia will sit and just laugh the night away over some hot chocolate or coffee. I too agree that the dress is beautiful. Just notice that I don't have ANY of Addison in her expensive dress either.

Boozy Tooth said...

What a sweet pretty girl!

Becky, thanks so much for visiting Casa Hice and leaving your great comment. Wasn't that an amazing display of weirdness at Cake Wrecks over the word "gypped"? And the comments are still coming.

Anyway, I consider it a compliment and an honor that you followed me over from Cake Wrecks and now I'm returning the favor. Can't wait to read through your blog.

Merry Christmas!

Alicia W. said...

Hello from SC!! I saw you lived here as well and just wanted to say a friendly hello. :o) Love your blog.

~*~Bre~*~ said...

A picture would have been IMPOSSIBLE. If he would have known that I was watching him, I wouldn't have even had the experience of watching him do this. I wish I could have a camera implanted in my brain so I could have taken a picture... that would have been priceless. Not to mention GREAT black mail!! Lol

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Girl,I am sorry, but I still just giggle when I see these pics!!! Thanks for linking!!!

Windy said...

That is so funny! You know, we can't even get our kids up on Christmas morning they are so excited. Really. They had rather sleep late than see what Santa brought!

It's Daddies. Plural. said...

I love, love, love the pic! :)

Lori said...

how funny that she is so NOT into the whole thing... but she does look super cute