Sunday, December 21, 2008

Grrr

Here's yet another one of my "people never cease to amaze me posts." Seems like I have a lot of these. My hubby's family was up from Myrtle Beach this weekend to do Christmas. They have a 8 year old son and a 4 year old daughter. We don't get to see them very often, so yes, it is very nice when they visit. Except EVERY single time we seem them, the daughter is sick. Usually it's just a cold, and I swallow my fear of Julia catching it and let them play. This time however, she had the horrible stomach bug that is going around. Throwing up and diahrea. I could not believe it when they showed up at my house and told me that she was running a fever and had been puking all night. Do they not realize how contagious that is, and that it's a heck of a lot worse on a kid with diapers???? I felt like I was being mean, because I kept saying over and over "Please get out of her face, you're sick." You would have thought she would have caught on after the 1000th time. Now please don't get me wrong, I do understand that kids get sick and that it's impossible to keep your child from catching stuff. I just think it would have been polite to not bring that around my two year old daughter who seems to catch everything. So guys, please say a little prayer for Julia tonight, pray that she doesn't get this one.

4 comments:

~*~Bre~*~ said...

Oh, girl, I'm praying. I am totally on your side! I wouldn't want that kid around my daughter. Did they not have enough common sense to know that 1) their own daughter shouldn't even be out of the house with a fever, vomiting, and diarrhea and 2) that in no way, shape, or form, should they expose another child to the virus! That's crazy. They should have rescheduled!! I feel bad for you and Julia, but then again, I feel bad for their little girl. I wouldn't want to be lugged around when I don't feel well!! Poor kid! I hope none of you catch it... cuz you definitely don't want that, especially at Christmas! I hope your Christmas is great. We leave early tomorrow morning for PA, and we'll be back next Monday! My parentals have no Internet, so I won't be blogging *GRRR*!!

Much Love,
B

*Isn't the news about Kayleigh great?? I'm so happy!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Oh I know what you mean. Brian had that stomach bug and I didn't even want him around any of us! It was horrible.... you def don't want a little one getting it.

Alicia W. said...

Bless your heart! I would be so upset. Poor kids.

Ohilda said...

Awww...Becky. I sure hope that Julia didn't get sick and that you guys had a healthy and happy Christmas.

Hugs,

Ohilda