Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oh, Just a Tuesday Night Rant

You know, I just don't understand some people. (I'm pretty sure that's how I started off my blog about the woman at Chick-fil-a) Like tonight, for example.
Ok, history: I dated this guy pretty seriously back in high school. Engagement ring, the whole bit. Like most things when you're a teenager, things changed. We had some big problems and ended up breaking up while I was in college. After a while, the hard feelings subsided and I was able to talk to him like a friend. We're cool - I'll see his family at Wal-Mart and they wave, things like that. I haven't seen him in about 6 years. Keep in mind all of this dating was 10 years ago.
So tonight, I had to go to a wake for the father of one of our mutual friends. I knew it might be odd seeing all of these people from my past, but it was the right thing to do. Turns out I didn't see anyone except the mutal friend and his wife, who is very nice to me. Until I started to leave. I was talking to the wife when up walks my ex's current wife. She gives me the biggest go-to-hell look I have ever seen. I mean really, if looks could kill, y'all would be coming to the wake for me. I couldn't believe it! I had never even met her before! The friendly wife introduced me to her, and she wouldn't even speak. I know my jaw had to drop to the floor as she turned on her heel and walked away after the introduction. If she is threatened by a girl from 10 years ago, then she's obviously got some major issues.

Moving right along to my next rant: My husband. Ok babe, if you ever read this, I love you and I just had to get it out. This morning, the lines to vote were way too long to stand in with a two year old, so I called up David and told him that I would just drop Julia off with him at home after I picked her up from my mom's and go vote. So as I leave my mom's tonight, I called him to make sure he was home. "Oh but honey, some guys from work want me to go eat with them." And so I said "Um, don't you remember saying you'd be home tonight so I could go vote, since you got to go this morning while I took Julia to Nannie's?". "Yeah, but...". Ugh. So I'm a bit ill about that. I know my one vote won't make or break it, but still.

Ok, I'm done. Hope your days and voting experiences were pleasant!

2 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Um, that guys wife has some serious issues! Stopped by from Make Mine a Mojito and just wanted to let you know I was here...

Hope you have a good anniversary trip!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Don't worry Beck - Brian did the same thing to me...and I was home ALL day with Avery and STILL had to threaten him to get him to watch Avery AND STILL had to take Avery with me for at least 2 hours and then have Brian come get him when it was getting closer to 6 because he was going to have to get Lauren too..... Trust me, I had to refrain from getting the frying pan out today..i was SO mad at him... he still is not my favorite person right now.