Thursday, November 6, 2008

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Doctor?

Ok yeah, so apparently my daughter really, really, really hates doctors. I know this is pretty normal to be afraid of the doctor and shots, but it's a bit much with her. So today we had to go to the allergist. When Julia was 1, we found out that she was highly allergic to milk and eggs. So they said they wanted to test her again when she turned 2. So today was the day! I bribed my daughter with a sausage biscuit...man, she loves sausage biscuits. As soon as we got into the little room, I could see that lip start to quiver. I quickly said biscuit a million times and she stopped. Then, the little pin came out to draw on her back where they were to test her, and she lost it. I mean, laying on the floor screaming, fists pounding, snot flying. It was horrible. The poor little nurse...I don't think she'd ever seen such a fit. My shouting "biscuit biscuit biscuit" didn't phase her. Somehow we managed to prick her back with the little things, and the nurse ran out of there saying she'd be back in 15 minutes. Julia proceeded to throw her fit, and scream "OUTSIDE" She ran over to the door and started pounding on it. Lord have mercy. So after I convinced her to stop banging the door, she thought she'd just sit there and wait to be released.

So, as it turns out, Julia is still really allergic to eggs, but the milk allergy has disappeared!! Woohoo! So after we leave, I call David to tell him the news and he asks me "So, did she get a biscuit?". Uhhhhhhh no.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Poor sweet baby. That picture just breaks my heart! My older son had tests at 3 and it was awful so I know the feeling. I hope she likes milk after all this. My Connor won't touch the stuff!