Friday, October 31, 2008

Blog - Halloween Edition

Happy Halloween everybody (or all four of you :) Today's post will be rather creepy, and it scares me to even admit it enough to type it out. So yeah, my house is haunted. I'm convinced. David says I'm being crazy and blames everything on batteries dying...but ummmm, nope. So here we go. Here's the list of things that have been happening in my house since Julia was born. And yes, 4 out 5 of happened in her room.
1. The first instance: Julia's mobile turned on by itself. Twice.
2. One night at 2:00 am Julia woke up, wide awake, so I went in her room to rock her back to sleep. She kept staring in her closet which was kinda freaking me out, but then out of nowhere, she started waving at the closet.
3. Julia has a Fisher Price house, well actually it's just the door frame, that is very interactive. One night at 2:45 am I hear the noise that the door makes when it opens. It says "Creeeeeeek, Good Morning!". So yeah, I freaked. I screamed for David and he said, of course, "The batteries are dying. That makes things do funny things." Please note that to date, we have still not had to change the batteries in that house, and that was about 5 months ago. Then again that same night at 3:45 am, it did the exact same thing. "Creeeeeeek, Good morning!"
4. I heard a noise the other night while David was taking a shower. I thought that maybe it was him closing the shower curtin, but the next morning when we woke up that the blinds in our doors had been shut. They were open when we went to bed. The noice I heard was the blinds closing. Oh yeah, I totally just freaked myself out writing that. David told me that he closed them, but I know him well enough to know that he will lie to me to keep me from getting scared.
5. I was sitting in the rocking chair watching David and Julia playing on the floor. All of a sudden, I felt a breeze go across my face. I asked David if he felt anything and he said no. All of the windows were closed and the heat was not on.

Sooooo, that being said, anybody want to buy a beautiful house in Enoree, SC????? Like, now???

4 comments:

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Yea, I think Avery's room is haunted too!!! Just his room! The other night I heard his V-tech book and I thought I had taken it out of his crib - I did. It was on the floor - talking! I freaked - and it has the most creepy laugh already on it. Then, the light in his room would just turn on. I know he can reach the light from his crib, but i would turn it off and go back about 20 min later or even hours later and it would be back on! and he would be in deep sleep. I finally chalked that one up to him doing it in his sleep!

Stephanie said...

O my. I have never had anything like that happen and I think it is because God knows that I would freak out. I would pee/crap my pants and then it would be on. I would probably never come back. :) The only thing I have ever had happened was when I lived by myself and I came home one day and the back door was wide open and had been all day because everything in the house was so cold and fogged up. Yep I stood in the driveway and called my mom and she told me to call the police. I stayed on the phone with her while I did a walk through and realized I must not have pulled the door shut good when I left. It was so scary though.

Unknown said...

Interesting, I almost thought you were describing a house we lived in (in Enoree)...hopefully you have a friendly ghost!

Unknown said...

well, we were actually born & raised in enoree and lived there until about two years ago...fortunately we only lived with the ghost for about a year! i enjoyed reading your blog!