Friday, October 24, 2008

The Nerve!!

You know, some people never cease to amaze me. Just when you think you've heard it all...here's one for ya! Apparently today is the day for idiots at drive thrus (see Amanda's post on lunch). So after the family and I grabbed a bite for supper, I decided I would pull thru the Chick-fil-a drive thru for a yummy cookies n creme milkshake. Those are rare since I usually have Julia and she throws small fits in the back if she doesn't have what I'm having. But tonight David had her in his Jeep, so I took advantage. When I pulled in, there were 4 cars in front of me. Not bad! However, after I placed my order and pulled up, the line STOPPED. I'm talking didn't move for 20 minutes. Seriously. We were all just turning our cars off and getting out and talking to each other. I felt like I was in a traffic jam on I-85. If any of you are familiar with the Chick-fil-a at Westgate, you'll know that there's a big curb on the outside so that you can't pull off after you've placed your order. So there we all sat. There were some horns blowing, shouting "did they have to go kill the chickens?" things of that nature. I just laughed. So after about 30 minutes, I see the manager come out and start talking to each of the cars that were "trapped" in line. When he finally gets to me, he says that a lady had ordered some chicken nuggets. Except she wanted her chicken nuggets extra crispy. So they had to cook them for her. They asked her to please pull up and park, but she refused. They asked her nicely several times and explained that all of the people behind her would like to get their food, but nope. She wouldn't budge. Can you believe that??? Manager said that they had called the cops to come tell her to move. So we sat there and waited for 35 minutes so that **BEEP** could have crispy chicken nuggets. Believe me, if I had known that, I would have been laying on the horn too. Right after he left my car, she got her **BEEP** nuggets and left. Everyone in line behind her got their food for free, and trust me, there were a lot of us behind her that were trapped there. I felt bad for Chick-fil-a, because it wasn't their fault but they still ended up having to pay for it.
What is wrong with people these days? She wouldn't have had to wait any longer if she had just pulled up and parked, but noooooooo. I would have felt awful if I had known that I was making all of those people wait that long.

But at least the shake was good.

5 comments:

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Dang...you should have ordered more then!!
That is the GREAT thing about Chick Fil A..they take care of the customers. I mean yea they did the right thing is asking the lady to move, but i mean in taking care of everyone behind her....one day the line slowed WAY down at the one in BS and I got a card for a free meal...thought that was nice!

Shanan Strange said...

I just couldn't let you have only 3 followers! Saw you on MckMama and wanted to stop in and say Hi! I will officially be your 4th follower. We are both still a long way away from the hundreds that she has!!

Ohilda said...

I swear some people are just plain nuts!!! Well, at least you got your shake for free! Yumm!! Shake at 1:20 a.m. sounds awesome.

Ohilda

Stephanie said...

I agree with Amanda. That is why I like them so much. They are always taking care of their customers, because they realize that is what keeps people coming back and liking them. Go Chick Fil A. We think the one in BS has exceptional customer service. I love them-ate there this morning as a matter of fact.

Kat said...

Came across your blog from Cakewrecks (hope you don't mind) and just wanted to comment on this.
My husband and I were just discussing this topic recently and we wondered what a Drive Thru would do if someone decided not to move.
Wow. I mean, what's the big deal in pulling and waiting for your food?
I'm glad to here Chick Fil a took care of you though!