Thursday, October 16, 2008

Only Me...

In honor of my just doing a huge presentation with my zipper down, I figured I'd write a little bit about the horribly embarassing things I've done at work. Why don't we just go ahead and start with said presentation. Every other month, our Divisional Directors of Operations come to the corporate office and we go down and tell them about our department and what not. So today was that day...everything went great, I got through it without breaking into a sweat, only to get on the elevator to come upstairs and realize that my zipper was down the whole time. Wow. I'm really hoping nobody noticed. I'm sure I didn't get that lucky.

And then there was the time our representatives from Chase Bank were down from OH. We were sitting in a conference room all enjoying our breakfast and coffee over discussion. Somehow, my coffee decided it wanted to try to go into my lungs, which doesn't really work out. So you can only guess what happened next - that's right - I spewed coffee across the conference table. I had no time to turn away or anything...it just happened. All over their papers. After the initial breakout of "oh my gosh are you oks" the laughter started. I still get harrased about that one.

And how about when the same people from Chase were down and we went out to eat at the Marriot for supper. We were all discussing how long we had been in our current positions. Laura said she had been at the bank for 28 years, and I piped up and said (without thinking, obviously) "Wow, that's longer than I've been alive." Yes, I still get harrased about calling our rep. old too.

Sigh...there's more...but we'll save those for another day.

1 comment:

Amanda-The Family News! said...

hahahahahaha!!!! You are too funny!!! Don't worry, stuff like that happens to me too!!! I walked out of the bathroom the other day at work and forgot to zip my zipper up too...thankfully i had a long shirt on. I realized it when I went to the breakroom and got something out of the vending machine...i bent down to get it out of the bottom thingy and realized there was a slight draft. Upon checking myself out in the vending maching reflection (you know everyone does that) I spotted the problem!!!!