Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Gone Fishing

I guess I should feel sorry for my husband who went on a long-weekend camping trip with his buddies, leaving me to care for the crazy one solo. He came home from Wal-Mart last Thursday night with $140 worth of fishing equipment for the big trip. Yes, that's right, $140. I could not believe it. I did not say quite as much as I was thinking, but he knew I wasn't real happy. The fellas left Saturday morning for their fishing extravaganza. During a texting conversation I asked him if he's caught anything. His responce: water. Not a single fish. Now I'm going to tell you what...if I had spent $140 on fishing equipment, I would be very upset. So yeah, I guess I should feel bad for him. But I don't. I do, however, feel that there will be about $140 worth of Partylite Candles in my living room very soon...

2 comments:

Evie's Story said...

Hey there Becky
Thank you for posting a comment. Always nice to make new friends through cyberspace:-) Though it looks like we are close...we live in Prosperity SC.
Enjoyed looking at your blog too. Oh these funny days of mothering...book-worthy some days:-) Keep blogging.
Blessings
Mandy

Ohilda said...

Why is it that men always go out and make themselves professionals BEFORE they begin their hobby. My sweet husband always does the same thing. Oh well...you gotta love 'em.

Ohilda